Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Tale as Old as Time!

June 12th was our 3 year wedding anniversary. As my anniversary gift, Andrew bought us tickets to Disney's Beauty & The Beast at the Providence Performing Arts Center. Beauty & The Beast is my favorite fairy tale. The show was AMAZING! Everyone did a fantastic job. This was my first time seeing a show at PPAC. The building was gorgeous.



Beauty & The Beast is my favorite fairy tale. The show was AMAZING! Everyone did a fantastic job. This was my first time seeing a show at PPAC. The building was gorgeous. Here is a picture of the theater as if you were standing on the stage. Obviously, I did not take this photo

This was taken by John Woolf - You can find this photo and many other theater photos (no just PPAC) here

PPAC originally opened October 6th, 1928 as the Loew's State Theatre Movie Palace. The building suffered damage during the hurricanes of 1939 and 1954, and narrowly escaped demolition in the 1970's. It became the Providence Performing Arts Center in 1982. These are some of the photos I took of the PPAC lobby.



Chandelier in the PPAC Lobby

Look at that gorgeous ceiling.


They don't allow photography in the theater. So I was only able to get photos of the lobby and just a few in the actual theater before they told me I couldn't.

Faux box seats

The Stage

This is the giant chandelier in the theater. One of the employees came over and told me I couldn't take photos just as I was getting this shot. That is why it is so bad.



Once the play was finished we walked around the area just a little bit. PPAC is very close to Johnson & Wales, which is a college that I almost attended. The old buildings and architecture in New England are just beautiful.



This Lighthouse was on the median dividing the street.


We had such a great time and I can't wait to see another play there.

No comments:

Post a Comment