Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Word of the Year - Forward

2012 was a tough year for us. We had some great moments - Reconnecting with old friends, Celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary, Finding a house and Seeing our niece win the High School Volleyball State Championship. Then we had some really crappy moments - Andrew losing his job, Having to pull out of the contract on our house, the 2 bats that decided to visit us in our bedroom and losing Andrew's childhood dog. Farewell 2012 and here looking toward 2013.

Source

Since I started reading blogs over a year ago, I've seen a few bloggers choose a word of the year. The word of the year can be what you hope for in the year to come or something to inspire you throughout the year. Here are some of the blog posts that I have read so far this year about bloggers' words of the year.
Layla from theLetteredCottage.net wrote about her 2012 and 2013 words here and Shelley from thehouseofsmiths.com wrote about her 2013 word here.

While reading Layla's post I started thinking about what word I would like to have describe my 2013. I've been wanting to write about my word but just haven't taken the time to do so. Until today when I read Layla's post about the This Little Word Of Mine Link Party. The first word that came to my mind was FORWARD.


I hope this year will be full of Forward moments. Lately, it seems like we have been either stuck or going backwards this past year. When Andrew lost his job it felt like we took a huge step backwards. And then because of the job loss we had to pull out of the contract to buy our first house. Which then made us feel stuck in our apartment and stuck in life. I'd love to see this year bring about some great opportunities to move Forward. A new job for Andrew and maybe the chance to move out of our apartment.

Here's to looking FORWARD to what will hopefully be a great 2013.
The Lettered Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My word is GROW. Not grow outward (no weight gain, please!) but grow inward.

    ReplyDelete